And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 13:17 (NIV)
This year, I missed the 30 days of Thankfulness that is becoming a tradition on Facebook. I was just too distracted to post every day. Earlier this month, I already listed ten things to be thankful for about having MS, (find it here http://fromaheavenlyland.blogspot.com/2014/11/give-thanks.htmlso here are twenty more things I am thankful for to complete the month. In no particular order:
1. I am thankful to live in Paradise. Truly. How many other people can say that they live on an island where the breezes are usually balmy and the views are stupendous?
2. I am thankful for good friends who call to check on me when they haven’t heard from me in a while. And plan fun things to do like horseback riding, going to lunch or seeing a classic movie.
3. I am thankful that my family lives close by and that they are always supportive and concerned.
4. I am thankful that the sun still comes up each day even when I don’t want to get out of bed. It is a reminder of God’s constant faithfulness.
5. I am thankful for my newly reestablished flower garden and how much pleasure it gives me every time I turn into the drive.
6. I am thankful for quality health care, compassionate medical providers and so many people on my team of caregivers.
7. I am thankful that November brought several opportunities to sell lots of copies of my books. I not only made enough to buy a new computer, but each book sold is one more person who will be inspired by Eliza and Julia’s lives.
8. I am thankful for the times that a reader of my books has told me how much they enjoyed them and that they were blessed by them.
9. I am thankful for the gift of writing and that I can use it to bless my fellow church members by providing devotionals for inclusion in our church bulletin.
10. I am thankful for my new laptop that does not freeze up while writing and delete my work.
11. I am thankful for my new sewing machine that sews beautifully and makes my hobby much less frustrating.
12. I am thankful that in just a little over a month, I will be going back to Guatemala with my daughter-in-law.
13. I am thankful that my family agreed to downsize Thanksgiving and that I was able to buy most everything already made.
14. I am thankful that most all the Christmas presents are already made or bought.
15. I am thankful that my children are all healthy and happy.
16. I am thankful that we got to participate in our daughter of the heart’s wedding this year.
17. I am thankful for the places we got to visit this year and the experiences that we had.
18. I am thankful for a good job and an understanding boss and staff.
19. I am thankful that Jesus came to teach me about grace, and that that my relationship with God is not dependent upon how good I am.
20. I am thankful for all the gifts that God has given and that He allows me to share them to bring joy to others.
So, what are you thankful for?